Veterans of Usability Geek may remember an article published in 2011 that provided a helpful list of UX and UI guidelines for designers with an interest in platforms developed by the likes of Apple, Google, and SAP.
As with everything on this earth, the 2011 version of that list has become more-or-less obsolete with the passing of time.
This week, I would like to share with you the revamped, 2016 edition. In this edition, on top of the standard design guidelines, I have included links to new and exciting pages, such as guidelines for Samsung IoT devices.
I recommend that all of you bookmark this page, as I will be updating it periodically.
- Amazon Fire Phone Design and User Experience Guidelines
- Amazon API User Interface and User Experience Best Practices
- Amazon Fire TV Design and User Experience Guidelines
- Amazon Underground App Design and Modification Requirements and Guidelines
- BlackBerry 10 UX Design Guidelines
- BlackBerry 10 UI Design Guidelines (PDF)
- BlackBerry 10 Application Icon Guidelines
- BlackBerry Playbook UX Design Guidelines
- Blackberry 7.1 UX Design Guidelines (Legacy)
- Google Material Design Guidelines
- Android User Interface Design Guidelines
- Android Auto Design Guidelines
- Android TV Design Guidelines
- Android Wear Design Guidelines
- Google Webmaster Guidelines (Guidelines for Website Design)
- Microsoft Surface User Experience Guidelines
- Windows Phone Design Library
- Windows App Design Guidelines
- Windows App Design Guidelines (Touch)
- Windows Mobile Design Guidelines (Legacy)
- Nokia N9 UX Guidelines (Legacy)
- Nokia X Design Guidelines (Legacy)
- Nokia Asha Design Guidelines (Legacy)
- Oracle’s User Centered Design Process
- Patterns, Guidelines, Tools, and Templates
- UX Readiness Checklist for Cloud
- Oracle Accessibility Standards
- Samsung Gear S UI Design Guidelines
- Samsung S Health Tracker Design Guidelines
- Samsung Edge UI Design Guidelines
- Samsung Gear Design Guidelines
- Samsung Gear Watch Designer
- SAP Fiori Web Design Guidelines
- SAP Fiori iOS Design Guidelines
- SAP Web IDE Guidelines for Contributors
- Accessibility Guidelines for Web Dynpro (PDF)
- SAP Screen Personas – Guides and Tutorials
- Sony SmartEyeglass Design Guidelines
- Sony Bravia with Android TV Design Guidelines
- Sony User Interface Rulebook (Legacy)
Disclaimer: Brand names, logos and trademarks shown in this article remain the property of their respective owners. The listing of any company or their logos is not intended to imply any endorsement or direct affiliation. Logos have only been used to make it easier for the reader to locate the respective guidelines. All links to the guidelines open in their respective proprietor’s site. None of the guidelines listed in this article are owned by this website or are being stored on it.
Want to learn more?
If you’re interested in the intersection between UX and UI Design, then consider to take the online course UI Design Patterns for Successful Software and alternatively Design Thinking: The Beginner’s Guide. If, on the other hand, you want to brush up on the basics of UX and Usability, you might take the online course on User Experience (or another design topic). Good luck on your learning journey!
(Lead image source: Hans – Creative Commons)