First of all, thank you for considering to write an article for UsabilityGeek. This page contains all the information that you need for publishing an article on this blog
Usability Geek is a Usability & User Experience (UX) blog that provides practical and useful information from the fields of Usability, User Experience, Marketing, Human Computer Interaction (HCI) and Information Architecture (IA).
Since user experience encompasses several fields, the experience and expertise of our readership varies. Some readers originate from the web design and development community. Others operate in the educational field while others are marketing professionals and business owners. What is common among such a varied community is the love they all share in creating a great user experience irrespective of what product or service they are promoting.
So what articles get published in UsabilityGeek? We can answer this with one simple phrase – “any article that creates a great user experience!”. Our readership visit UsabilityGeek to keep up to date with the latest trends and techniques and also to learn more about well-established methodologies.
Any article that is submitted must be:
- About usability, user experience, user interface, human computer interaction and related fields
- Of a high quality – please do not send us generic, low quality articles whose sole objective is to get links
- Well-researched and supported by facts (including links to the cited sources)
- Original – we do not publish copied, re-hashed or similar content that was already published
- Detailed – 900 words or more
You can submit your article via e-mail on info [at] usabilitygeek [dot] com. Your submission must contain the following:
- Your article: Needs to be in Microsoft Word Format. There is no need to send it to us as an HTML document
- Photos & screenshots: Large versions of the photos (More than 728px wide). We will crop and re-size images ourselves. Please ensure that you have full rights over any images that you send us
- Your biography: A short bio with 1 link to be shown in the author bio underneath your article. Please note that this needs to be a natural link and not a link that exists solely for SEO purposes
- Gravatar-enabled e-mail address: So that your photograph appears in the author bio. If you do not have one, please head over to Gravatar to register it
What you Get in Return
Having your article published in UsabilityGeek gives you:
- Exposure on a niche blog that attracts approximately 55,000 user experience enthusiasts each month
- Social media promotion via UsabilityGeek’s Twitter (almost 10K followers), Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest and RSS Feed
- Full Author Recognition – Your name, biography and photo appear underneath your article
Our Publishing Policy
For an article to be considered for publication, it needs to adhere to all the policies stated on this page. Also, while we will consider and review all submissions, this does not mean that submitting your article will automatically guarantee you publication. We may request that you make alterations in order to improve its appeal or, in rare cases, we may opt not to publish it altogether. If the article is purely promotional in nature, then this will not be published. We will always keep you informed accordingly. Once your article is ready for publication, we will send you the date when it is going to be published.
Hope you found the above information useful. If you are still not sure whether your article is ideal for UsabilityGeek, please do not hesitate to Contact Us